Monitoring of the shift to sustainable consumption and production across sectors, organisations and countries is essential to identify emerging trends and strategic gaps, to scale-up and replicate innovative and impactful practices, and to demonstrate and showcase the benefits of sustainable consumption and production to build greater momentum for change
Demonstrating your contributions towards SDG 12
This year the reporting exercise will also let you participate in the first annual One Planet network photo contest!
By reporting your progress towards SDG 12, you can:
- Influence the strategic direction of the implementation of SDG 12;
- Contribute in defining the current state of knowledge on SCP and SDG 12;
- Share your successes with a wide audience, including decision-makers;
- Increase visibility at key events such as the HLPF and other high level fora.
Steps to report:
- Register on this platform (Remember to check your role in the One Planet network during registration).
- Go to your MySCP dashboard (always available on the upper right of the screen)
- Click the 'Reporting' tab and follow the steps. If you do not see the tab, it may be because you do not yet have a role in the One Planet network. Please do not hesitate to find out more about the network and how you and your organistation can participate.
Guidance material for reporting:
- Step-by-step guide to reporting
- Introduction video to reporting
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Reporting support contacts
- Indicators of Success (*Background information, this is what you are reporting against*)
- Online training for the Indicators of Success (*Background information)
What does the shift to SCP look like?One Planet network is first and foremost an implementation mechanism for SDG 12 on Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP). More than 700 organisations are rallying around a common approach to help in this shift, with concrete actions making concrete stories to tell.
Please see below some resources that are telling the stories of the One Planet network, and how they are helping in the transformation to SCP :
- Mid-term Magazine: The One Planet network 2012-2017
- Official report to the High Level Political Forum 2017
- Official report to the High Level Political Forum 2016
How are we measuring progress?
The One Planet network is measuring the shift towards Sustainable Consumption and Production through the Indicators of Success, a monitoring and evaluation framework developed in 2017 by representatives from across the network.
A first of its kind, the Indicators of Success is methodically tracking activities of the One Planet network against a series of 14 indicators, to provide a better picture of what the transformation to SCP and the implementation of SDG 12 looks like in the real world.
Additionally, a pilot reporting was conducted in 2016-2017 specifically on target 12.1.1 of the SDGs - the number of countries developing, adopting, or implementing policy instruments aimed at supporting the shift to SCP. Moving forward, it will be important to continue to harmonize the different monitoring efforts around SDG 12, in order to have a coherent picture of the progress in the shift towards SCP.
Please see below an indicative list of documents relevant to the current efforts of the One Planet network to track and measure progress towards Sustainable Consumption and Production: