The Consumer Information Programme of the One Planet network is looking for a fourth co-lead to manage and support the Programme. Co-leadership is for four years and offers the opportunity to be closely involved with driving progress towards SDG12 on Sustainable Consumption and Production.
The One Planet Secretariat is calling for expressions of interest from stakeholders to become a co-lead of the Consumer Information Programme. The Programme was launched in 2014, and is currently co-led by the environment ministries of Germany and Indonesia, and Consumers International.
For the next term (lasting four years until late 2022), the Programme is open for a fourth co-lead to join. This is due to the success of the Programme and higher demand for activities to improve the availability, accessibility and credibility of consumer information to drive behavior change amongst consumers and in business and government. The achievement of the One Planet network in its first years can be found in the magazine ‘Five years in: the One Planet network 2012-2017’.
What are the benefits?
- Set the agenda on Consumer Information worldwide, with the mandate of the United Nations
- Drive global and national action on Goal 12 and the sustainable development agenda
- Co-leading a Programme with a UN mandate and which is one of the recognized implementation mechanisms of SDG12
- Influence the strategic direction of the One Planet network and the delivery of SDG 12
- Access a global, multi-disciplinary, established network working together to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- Contribute to an increasing body of work focused on consumer information and sustainable consumption, such as the Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information which received high level consideration by being mentioned in the UNEA3 Environment and Health resolution and have already been applied by over 25 organizations from all regions, including major companies and standard setting bodies
- Increase the visibility of your organisation’s work on Consumer information, including by accessing the annual UN High Level Political Forum and other strategic events
- Lead the change!
How to Apply
If your organization is interested and fulfills the requirements, please complete the application form online, including annex 1.
The deadline for submitting expressions of interest is 14th December 2018. If you have any questions please contact the 10YFP Secretariat (Cecilia.Lopezyroyo@un.org) or the One Planet Consumer Information programme (firstname.lastname@example.org).